It's Me Dri

I am a mental health therapist (MSW, RCSWI) and have been working in counseling and mental health since 2010. I entered the professional wor...

I am a mental health therapist (MSW, RCSWI) and have been working in counseling and mental health since 2010. I entered the professional world of counseling as an HIV Tester and Risk Reduction Counselor on my university's campus and worked in that role for 3 years. After graduating and earning my MSW in 2013 I worked as a Mental Health Targeted Case Manager and Independent Contract Therapist for some time before entering the world of child welfare. I spent 2 years working primarily with children and families in the foster care system, providing individual and family therapy with a primary focus on placement stabilization and trauma. I am currently working with at risk youth in a short term residential respite setting where I continue my life's work of guiding children to finding healing.

I look forward to using this space to share tools and techniques that I use in my practice with an overall focus on managing mental health - mine included. My hope is that the sharing of my experiences in practice and in life will contribute to the de-stigmatizing of mental health and encourage others to practice healthy mental hygiene.

If there is something featured on my blog that you want to know more about, please feel free to comment as I will share the best I can.


Sincerely,

Dri


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Copyright

All content of this site belongs to the creator and author of itsmedri.blogspot.com, unless otherwise noted.

Advertisement

Flickr Images